Kevin Mitchell was already under the Australian music spotlight as singer/guitarist for indie-rock-darlings Jebediah when in 1998 he found a t-shirt in a Perth op-shop with the number 15 on the back, and the name ‘Bob Evans’ printed on the front. Coincidentally at this time he was embarking on his first solo shows in Perth and a random name on someone’s discarded basketball shirt took hold.
Moments That changed my life by Bob Evans
- October 1st 1977. The day I exited my mother’s womb and began this strange adventure. I can’t remember it but apparently I was a very large baby and quite difficult to get out. This might explain why I don’t have any younger siblings.
- Going to my first all ages show in Perth. It was an all local line up. The Rosemary Beads and Yummy Fur were the main acts. I can’t quite remember who else played. I discovered what a mosh pit was. I crowd surfed for the first time. I got sweaty with a bunch of other kids. My ears rang. I was absolutely hooked. From that day on all I thought about was starting a band.
- Meeting my wife. She used to come and watch Jebediah play in Melbourne when we were just starting out. When you’re only pulling 12 people to a show you kinda get to know your audience. We didn’t hook up straight away even though we were both really in to each other. It took a couple of years for the timing to be right.
- Getting on a plane to Nashville in September 2005. Recording my second album with Brad Jones in Nashville was like some kind of dream. I couldn’t believe my luck. I knew I had a really good bunch of songs but the record turned out so much better than I ever imagined. It was the best thing I had ever done and when it came out the following year it took off and I’ve been riding that wave ever since.
- Becoming a dad for the first time in 2011. You realise when you become a parent for the first time that your life is kind of over. Not in a bad way. Just in that nothing is ever the same again and your life is not all about you anymore, it’s about your kid. It’s their world and your job to make it as good for them as possible.
BOB EVANS HAS ANNOUNCED HIS NEW ALBUM ‘FULL CIRCLE’ AND WILL TAKE IT ON TOUR LATER THIS YEAR
BOB EVANS NATIONAL ‘FULL CIRCLE’ TOUR
FRI 19 OCT | BLACK BEAR LODGE, BRISBANE QLD | 18+ Tickets available from www.bobevans.com.auor www.oztix.com.au | 1300 762 545 | All Oztix Outlets SAT 20 OCT | LEADBELLY, NEWTOWN NSW | 18+ Tickets available from www.bobevans.com.auor www.leadbelly.oztix.com.au FRI 26 OCT | THE GOV, ADELAIDE SA | 18+ Tickets available from www.bobevans.com.auor www.oztix.com.au | 1300 762 545 | All Oztix Outlets SAT 27 OCT | THE ROSEMOUNT HOTEL, NORTH PERTH WA | 18+ Tickets available from www.bobevans.com.auor www.oztix.com.au | 1300 762 545 | All Oztix Outlets
SAT 3 NOV | NORTHCOTE SOCIAL CLUB, NORTHCOTE VIC | 18+ Tickets available from www.bobevans.com.auor www.eventbrite.com.au
Band intro – Eccentric and brash, Eli Greeneyes has today announced his deeply confessional new single 21, a chaotic yet content exploration into getting older . . .
FAITH NO MORE RESCHEDULED DATES ANNOUNCED – TOURING FEBRUARY 2022 WITH SPECIAL GUESTS RVG TICKETS ON SALE NOW “Once again in this world of things . . .