Intertwining layers of Romani, Balkan and Celtic folk into a punk-fuelled tornado, King Of The Travellers summon the musical ghosts of yore from every corner of the globe.
We caught up with the band to find out their Top Five of Top Fives.
1. Top 5 animals to be attacked by – Our singer Nathan has been attacked by quite a few animals in his time, and could have filled this out from personal experience. He’s been bitten by a horse, a python and a possum, headbutted by a dingo, chased by an ostrich, and pecked in the face by an angry swan trying to protect its young. All valuable learning experiences and worthy of a list.
2. Top 5 dog breeds – There was no way we were ever going to whittle this list down to just 5. Labradors, Cocker Spaniels, Staffys, Glen of Imaal Terriers, St. Bernards, there’s 5 without even thinking. Oh God, Border Collies, Burmese Mountain Dogs! We can’t do it. It’s too much.
3. Top 5 ways not to be friends with your bandmates – Follow our lead, kids. Follow our lead.
4. Top 5 snacks to eat whilst being cross-examined in court – All we know is peanut brittle would not, under any circumstances, make this list.
5. Top 5 superseded scientific theories – We didn’t have time to research this list. I’m pretty sure the laws of physics don’t count any more though, right? And oxygen is actually two parts hydrogen, one part whipped butter.
As a coming of age with a freshly developed sound and approach to his music, Fletcher Pilon of just 18-years of age has already made . . .
Introducing: whenyoung! They’re an indie-pop outfit out of the UK, comprised of Aoife Power (Vocals/Bass), Nial Burns (Guitar), and Andrew Flood (Drums), who have been . . .