Consisting of hip-hop producer Judah, multi-instrumentalist Jayke and indie-pop vocalist Ayla (heard on triple j under her own project), ‘ForrestRun’ are bringing their worlds together into an exciting new project.
My Dream Rider by Forrest Run
– 1 x 700ml bottle Jameson whiskey (pre-poured into shot glasses for ease of use)
– A fine selection of 7 different cheeses (mainly Double Gloucester, but mainly Brie)
– Red pepper and garlic coated peanuts (with coating removed)
– An assortment of the finest hand-rolled cigars
– 1 x 700ml bottle of Rémy Martin Louis XIII
– 1 x 2L bottle of cola (for use as mixer)
– 1 metric tonne of salt and vinegar peanuts
– 100 Salami strikers (individually wrapped and no cheap knock offs)
– 3L cold pressed iced coffee
– A crack team consisting of Morgan Freeman, Ron Howard and David Attenborough to narrate our
pre-show shenanigans for the DVD special commentary
– 1 x PS4 with NBA 2K15 (no earlier, no later) and/or 1 x PS1 with THPS 1,2 and 3
– Bryan Cranston (to play Playstation with us), he MUST stay in character as the dad from Malcolm
in the Middle the entire time and is forbidden to answer any questions regarding Breaking Bad
– Justin Bieber (to roll up our cables and carry our gear out at the end). He IS allowed to give out
our set-list when we finish, but only to those who ask nicely.
3rd August – Solbar, Sunshine Coast 7th August – Grace Darling, Melbourne 10th August – Bloodhound, Brisbane
Their first two releases (‘All We Needed’ and ‘Let Me Fall’) both scored rotation on unearthed radio, and reviews from presenters including:
“It’s pretty stuff all round here. The smart production twists, Ayla’s flawless vocal and the sense of everyday drama is great.” – Declan Byrne.
ForrestRun have also: supported Boo Seeka, landed on Caloundra Music Festival and worked on a debut EP (yet unreleased) with renowned producer Tim Carr (Matt Corby, Le Pie etc.). Their third single ‘Summer’ dropped on the 20th of June, and has already featured on Apple Music’s ‘Best of the Week’ playlist, and picked itself up some great reviews, including this from Caesar Live N Loud:
“I am really enjoying the electronic production which has a captivating chilled out and summery atmosphere… rich textures, sun-soaked guitar riffs and atmospheric touches.”