From the dead cold misted nights of Manchester, the smoke hazed bars of late night Germany, to the wind lashed fishing docks of Japan’s furious coast, Multi-instrumentalist Billy LaBek has has forged his first solo album, Garage Gun Harmonica, from the wrought iron depths of a manically lived experience. An eclectic driftwood of wrangled up Americana leaves no tone unturned. Wether Sittin’ loose by a River brook, or traversing a strange new city within the dark heart of its ominous night, Billy LaBek’s ear has got you covered.
1. 2 packs of German Ernte 22 cigarettes, the kind they smoked in the war, with glass ashtray.
2. A Small fuzzed out television you gotta smack with your fist, showing the film – To Have and Have Not – with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Becall
3. A bottle of French Picon.
4. A case of French lager for the Picon.
5. A poster of Hemingways fishing boat, Pilar, at sea.
6. 1 smoked trout, Wild Brown, Large.
7. A baseball Mit, with ball.
8. A Honky Tonk
9. An array of wooden furniture, one being a vanity piece, so I can watch myself smoke the German cigarettes.
10. Several Variegata ficus plants, with watering can, cause the room aint ventilated.
Billy LaBek’s Debut album, Garage Gun Harmonica, is out now and available for purchase through Bandcamp, also available for streaming via Spotify and iTunes. Dig it.
2021 SOUNDS BETTER TOGETHER | Five new dates added to concert series kicking off across metro & regional Victoria this weekend! View this email in . . .
VISIT VICTORIA AND MUSHROOM GROUP PROUDLY PARTNER FOR 2021 SOUNDS BETTER TOGETHER A CELEBRATION OF LIVE MUSIC IN THE STATE OF MUSIC EIGHT DAYS OF CONCERTS TO BE STAGED ACROSS . . .