Recently crowned West Australian Music’s Best Regional Act 2019, the conscious roots collab from Margaret River is powering into the new year with their new single “Golden”.
Set for release January 17, Blue Child Collective’s latest track coincides with the announcement of another run of shows across WA and New Zealand, and will be accompanied by a music video shot on Super 8 film due to drop in February.
A quick follow up to the release of the group’s third documentary, titled “The Art Of Sound”, in November, “Golden” paves the way for the release of two more singles and the group’s fifth studio album later this year.
My Dream Rider by Dan White, frontman of Blue Child Collective
1. A quiver of surfboards and a wave pool (or any pumping wave really) out the back so I can get the blood pumping before the show. It’s hard to bring boards on the road with the 5-piece band, so I often miss surfing on tour. Also, there’s something about being in water which really centres me; perfect before a show.
2. A masseuse to help me loosen up before the show and come into my body. You don’t usually find time on tour to get massages, but a good one is better than coffee in my book. Also helps if I’ve spent too much time in the surf (cheers for the wave pool^).
3. A table full of Japanese food. It’s my absolute favourite for any occasion – if I’m hungry before the show then I can eat light, or if I’m hungry afterward then I can chow down on some sushi etc and really fill the gap with some goodness. No meal is complete without rice for our bass player Wayan too, so this one keeps everyone stoked J
4. A happy dog who loves a good scratch and ball games who I can hang out with. Cos who doesn’t like ball games?
5. A quiet room with some nice lamps, comfy couches, a yoga mat, incense and something I can play some chill tunes through (other than my headphones which go everywhere with me). Throw in a writing book and I’m done. Gotta chill man.
6. HEAPS of water. Not that plastic bottled type, but good stuff and plenty of it to keep us all hydrated and healthy. It’s not Desert Child Collective 😉
7. Dark chocolate for the win! Again, better than a coffee in my book and also just insanely tasty. Good for energetic shows with the band, late load outs and long drives. And my tummy. And anything really.
Blue Child Collective
Golden Launch Tour
Tickets on sale at www.bluechildcollective.com
Fri 17thJan | The River | Margaret River, Western Australia
Sat 18thJan | Mojo’s Bar | Fremantle, WA
Sun 26thJan | SkyFest | Bunbury, WA
Fri 21stFeb | 4thWall Theatre | New Plymouth, New Zealand
27thFeb – 1stMar | NZ Spirit Fest | Waimauku, NZ
Thu 5thMar | Paisley Stage | Napier, NZ
Fri 6thMar | The Jam Factory | Tauranga, NZ
Fri 13thMar | YOT Club | Raglan, NZ
Band intro – Eccentric and brash, Eli Greeneyes has today announced his deeply confessional new single 21, a chaotic yet content exploration into getting older . . .
FAITH NO MORE RESCHEDULED DATES ANNOUNCED – TOURING FEBRUARY 2022 WITH SPECIAL GUESTS RVG TICKETS ON SALE NOW “Once again in this world of things . . .