Aydin Sayar has been labelled as one of “Melbourne’s most magnetic performers”. He swirls together dreamy guitars and synths with weighty lyrics to produce beautifully melancholic dance tracks. Sayar’s music echoes that of his influences Tame Impala, Phoenix and Beach House. His ability to turn his inner battles with depression and anxiety into indie-pop bangers has built a strong following.
AYDIN SAYAR MY DREAM RIDER
1. Turkish Delight, a severely underrated dessert/treat, Rose flavour plz.
2. Marty McFly’s hoverboard from Back To The Future, I am sure this would be chaotic and enjoyable
3. Yoda, it would be pretty sick for him to fill the room with some wisdom I reckon.
4. VR Gaming, do I really have to explain why?
5. Lenny Kravitz, Lenny would be my hype guy
6. Limoncello, a great lemon liqueur that never fails
7. My Italian Neighbours, they bring in our bins and are the most adorable people in the world. It would be nice to bring them to a show to say thanks.
8. One of those robot vacuums, I could watch that thing all day.
9. A TV that just plays a DVD screensaver. Doesn’t everyone love when it hits the corner right?
10. Mum’s choccy pud, unfortunately it slaps.
AYDIN SAYAR’s new single Working It Out is out now.