Bound to be your new favourite kids on the block, Dreaming Soda is a nostalgic, chaos-pop outfit writing tracks about all those niche memories from growing up “just before the internet”. Whether it’s a biscuit tin filled with sewing threads, or scabbing at recess for canteen cash, Dreaming Soda pays homage to little moments that are strangely universal, and somehow transformative.
1. Multiplayer Mario Kart set up with Wild Woods course ready to go – no better way to relax than to zoom full speed down that waterslide. Bonus points if everyone has the same unhinged driver like Ludwig or Larry.
2. Aviation Gin – Delivered by Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively ideally.
3. That Chicken and Mayo Sandwich from The Gin Palace – if you know you know. Can we also get extra gherkins please?
4. Alex – our cat, and manager, so she will probably be there anyway.
5. 100 Fiddle Figs – for the oxygenation, plus we can take them home and create a forest in the living room.
6. Tea, with options – Blueberry, raspberry, ginseng, sleepy time, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with lemon and honey, liver disaster, ginger with honey, ginger without honey, vanilla almond, white truffle, blueberry chamomile, vanilla walnut, constant comment and… Earl Grey.
7. Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (as a package deal).
8. A Cloning Machine – so Renee can fulfil her desire to play drums, bass, guitar, and flute simultaneously.
9. Xiao Long Bao – like enough to make you feel sick, but not so sick that we have to cancel the show.
10. A bunch of dogs, preferably all with cute names like Daisy and Reginald.
Dreaming Soda’s debut single Caramel is out now. Their debut EP and comic book project, Just Before The Internet, is out July 27.
Listen to Caramel by Dreaming Soda on your preferred streaming platform.
TUES AUG 9, THE LEADBEATER HOTEL, 18+