UK-based indie singer-songwriter, Nathan Ball, has just revealed his stirring new single ‘Call It Love’ – produced by fellow band member and long-time collaborator Max Radford. Led by compelling vocal melodies and earnest lyricism, ‘Call It Love’ gently builds with its spacious rhythmic section into sweeping deft guitar and dream-laden keys. Coasting along effortlessly, the track never loses sight of its consistent energy, only slightly shifting when needed into its soaring anthemic chorus. The release of ‘Call It Love’ coincides with Ball’s second visit to Australia, where he will be supporting Ziggy Alberts on his mammoth 24 sold-out date tour in front of audiences in NSW, VIC, ACT, WA and QLD.
Here Nathan runs through his lavish Dream Rider:
1) An endless supply of Stone & Wood… that is hands down the best beer in the world, I don’t know what they’re putting in there but it’s some kind of wizardry.
2) A wood fired pizza oven with chef… I don’t really eat before the shows, but coming off stage to some wood fired pizzas would be the dream.
3) Masseuse… We spend a crazy amount of time in the van on the road and my back is in a whole world of pain!
4) Rain shower… I spend a very long time in the shower, it’s good thinking time and it’s always a sweat fest on stage so to hop in post show would be mega.
5) Stephen Fry… The big man just reeling off facts in the corner of the dressing room, I could listen to that man all day.
6) Lemon, Ginger and Pukka’s Throat Comfort tea… a saviour on the road after a few shows, the voice really starts to go after a few gigs in a row.
7) Fresh socks… can’t beat a pair of freshies before a gig, especially as they always go missing on tour.
8) Hummus with cucumber and carrots… The ultimate dipping.
9) Jamesons Whiskey and ginger ale… I always have a whiskey on stage and it tends to whip up a pretty wild party with the band post show.
10) Speakers with some decks… We’re big house music fans in the band so would be fun to get on the decks after the gig
AUSTRALIAN TOUR DATES
Supporting Ziggy Alberts
SAT 19 JAN | SOUTHERN PENINSULA ART CENTRE, RYE VIC ** SOLD OUT **
SUN 20 JAN | WESTERNPORT HOTEL, SAN REMO VIC ** SOLD OUT **
THU 24 JAN | THEATRE ROYAL, CASTLEMAINE VIC ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 25 JAN | TORQUAY HOTEL, TORQUAY VIC ** SOLD OUT **
SUN 27 JAN | GRANT PAVILION, TORQUAY VIC ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 1 FEB | WHALERS HOTEL, WARRNAMBOOL VIC ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 8 FEB | GOLDEN HILL STEINER SCHOOL, GOLDEN HILL WA ** SOLD OUT **
SAT 9 FEB | SETTLERS TAVERN, MARGARET RIVER WA ** SOLD OUT **
SUN 10 FEB | YALLINGUP HOTEL, YALLINGUP WA ** SOLD OUT **
THU 14 FEB | FREMANTLE TOWN HALL, FREMANTLE WA ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 15 FEB | BADLANDS, PERTH WA ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 22 FEB | FESTIVAL HALL, MELBOURNE VIC ** SOLD OUT **
SAT 23 FEB | THE ROUNDHOUSE, SYDNEY NSW ** SOLD OUT **
FRI 1 MAR | THE TRIFFID, BRISBANE QLD ** SOLD OUT **
SAT 2 MAR | THE TIVOLI, BRISBANE QLD ** SOLD OUT **
SUN 3 MAR | BYRON BAY BREWERY, BYRON BAY NSW ** SOLD OUT **