Sweet Anxiety is a solo project from Frankston Australia. It’s creator Sammy Allitt puts out grungy rock tunes with a sound inspired by bands such as Helmet and Shihad. The lyrics draw on plenty of angst and frustration.
My Dream Rider
- Fender Jim Root Telecaster, always wanted to play one. Tele body, 2 high-gain humbuckers, and no pointless tone knob
- Fender ’57 Custom Champ 5W tube amp re-issue. Ridiculously overpriced for what it is, but I really love these amps.. dirty as all hell, and like the guitar above, no tone knob, just volume (I’ll need these first 2 to play the show because of the last item)
- A bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label, a personal fav of mine
- Stick date pudding (The one from the old David Jones food hall cake section) they were just the best!
- Double cream for the sticky date
- Ice cream, also for the sticky date pudding, it just makes it even better
- Final Fight arcade machine, a mate of mine and I would play this for hours down at an old arcade in Frankston as kids, awesome fun
- Daytona machine, again, plently of laps done on this one, and I’m a lead foot
- My mates to enjoy the cool stuff with, otherwise, what’s the point?
- Indian Chieftain Dark Horse for the speedy getaway at the end of night. I love riding motorcycles, I’ve had a soft spot for Indian’s after riding one around the deep south of the US a few years ago
Sweet Anxiety’s new single The Loss is available on all major streaming services including Spotify and Apple on Monday 20 April